Sermon; Easter Sunday: Sent in Christ’s Name
Date: April 1, 2018
Liturgical Day: The Resurrection of Our Lord / Easter Sunday; Year B
In verses 1-8 of St. Mark's 16th chapter, we are presented with an unfinished Gospel. The women leave the tomb alarmed, terrified, amazed and afraid. They say nothing to anyone. This morning we have gathered to hear the proclamation of Christ's resurrection. We too have heard the angel's command: "Go and tell." May we continue on our life's journey with full hearts, eager to share with others the good news that shapes our lives every day: Christ is risen. He is risen indeed. Thanks be to God. Hallelujah!
Some discussion Questions
1. Which of the four Easter accounts in our Bible do I find most stirring?
2. What surprises me most about the way St. Mark tells this story in his Gospel account?
3. What do I remember about how the early church shared the message of Jesus’ resurrection?
4. How does the story of Jesus’ resurrection continue in my life and in my witness?
5. With whom might I share the sense of purpose and meaning that I experience through my faith?